GSM ALARM Systems for Monitored Security
With the downturn of the world’s financial economy, security firms are badly hit and there is less business for them. People however need security for themselves and their properties, hence the need to still have monitoring alarm systems. Only that these alarm systems operate without the interference of any monitoring service from the company. No contracts are signed, and you have complete control over the monitoring of your house. GSM alarm system falls into this category of self-monitoring system. The GSM model has penetrated virtually every part of the world and the telephone line has gone totally extinct so GSM alarm is trending now. With GSM alarm, phone calls can be placed, text messages can be sent, and can be used on the move (boat, train, car, etc.)
KEY FEATURES FOR GSM ALARM SYSTEM
GSM Alarm Systems make use of wireless technology which saves you a lot of money and time on installation as you do not have to deal with wires and drilling of holes. You can also do the installation yourself without any external professional help that you may have to pay. Wireless technology translates to the absence of wires, circuit testing, wire stripping and electrical leads. You may need a couple of screws to mount the sensors and even those can easily be done with the included 3M mounting tape that comes with most GSM alarm systems.
Do-It-Yourself Setup and Installation
The goal of GSM alarm system is to have full control over the system and having full control also includes installing by yourself. You do not need to waste time by waiting for a professional security installer or even have to pay anyone to help with installation. GSM alarm makes use of radio signals for communicating so it is pretty much easier to install than a hardwired alarm system which you have to connect wires and drill holes.
GSM alarm usually has a number of sensors that come with it but these sensors can be increased. Most GSM sensors usually more wireless sensors which may include fire sensors, panic sensors or intrusion sensors. The alarm system can also work with more keypad or keyfobs which can be used to remotely perform control functions on the alarm system such as arming and disarming. With wireless technology, you can conveniently add or delete any wireless sensors remotely through the keypad or keyfob.
With GSM Alarms, you can do all the monitoring yourself without paying for any monthly contract. You can monitor your home via your mobile phone. If the alarm gets triggered, you will receive text messages on your mobile phone number and the message will comprise of the type of alarm, the time, the alarm zone so you can know what triggered the alarm and what type of alarm so you can take swift action.
Two Modes (Day and Night)
Most GSM Alarm systems support two modes; the Home Arm and Away Arm modes. Irrespective of whether you are at home or not, once the alarm is in Home Arm Mode, motion zones will be deactivated while perimeter zones will be activated.
GSM Alarm Panels usually come with in-built rechargeable Li-ion battery. This battery can provide power for the alarm in case of power failure for up to 24 hours or more.
A GSM alarm system can be connected to a telephone line or for more ease, simply get a SIM card from a GSM service provider. The alarm system comes with an LCD screen on which the GSM signal is displayed and you can add as many phone numbers as you can up to a certain amount. In the event that the alarm gets triggered, phone calls or text messages will be sent to those numbers you added. You can also choose a single number to receive messages when the alarm is armed or disarmed.
What is contained in a Standard GSM Alert System Package?
- 1 x GSM Alarm Panel
- Internal GSM antenna design
- Blue LCD display that displays four lines of message
- Touch keypad design
- Three Arm/Disarm Modes (Away arm, Home arm and the disarm)
- Multiple wireless zones and optional hard wired zones.
- Supports multiple wireless sensors.
- Preset 5 phone numbers to receive messages and phone calls when alarm gets triggered.
- Alarm can make phone calls and send messages.
- Extra specific mobile phone number for receiving the status of the system such as Arming or disarming the system, power failure etc.
- Record voice message for up to 9 seconds.
- In-built siren, Microphone and voice monitoring remotely.
- Alarm system can be armed or disarmed remotely via SMS.
- Backup rechargeable battery can last for up to 8 hours or more.
- It can work with IP cameras and CCTV system.
- It comes with two remote keyfobs.
What can the Keypad or Keyfob be used for?
- Arm or disarm the GSM Alarm System.
- Press the “away arm” button to set the system to away arm mode.
- Press the “away arm” button to set the system to home arm mode.
- Press the “panic button” to set off the panic alarm.
- Slide the cover on the keypad to prevent false alarm.
The battery of the keypad or keyfob can last up to one or two years depending on use. It works in a distance range of less than 100 meters in open space and it comes with an inbuilt signal LED indicator.
Features of GSM Alarm System PIR motion sensor
- Installation bracket for wall mounting or 3M Mounting tape.
- 100-degree angle of detection by up to 12 meters.
- Includes 9V battery that can last for up to three years or more.
- Radio Frequency interference design and anti-white light.
- Wireless technology that spans a range of 100 meters at a frequency of 433MHz
- 1 x wireless magnetic contact
GSM Alarm is a great way to do an effective monitoring of your home and business at a not-too-expensive cost. Contrary to popular belief that GSM alarm systems often give off fake alerts, you can reduce fake alarms by investing in high quality sensors and you are good to go.